|Study of Lemon and Mug oil on panel 8x8|
- New much quieter, faster laptop. Loving my new HP Pavilion--but file transfer, keyboard adjustment, software learning, etc. has taken me a while thus my delay in posting.
- New plein air (outdoor) easel. Time to retire "Julian." After extensive online research, I chose the Coulter outdoor easel. I choose the "medium" size --which I'm hoping will be "just right." Looking forward to testing this in the park soon. Am also excited to have a good stable easy for demos, etc. I was planning to try at the Plein Air Convention in LV next month but when the Red Rocks hotel sold out I'm now on the fence. Also as a poker player--I might get distracted.
- Have you been Pinning like me? Finally a social "experience" that's perfect for artists. More on that below. .
- Enjoying the new art bytes on Daily Paintworks as well as the DP Pinterest Boards. Be sure to check those out!
- Hunting for my favorite brush cleaner and eco turp by Demco...So far can only find on Canadian sites that won't ship. If anyone knows a US site where I can order these please let me know. In the meantime, recommend the Winsor Newton Non Toxic Brush Cleaner--not the same but pretty good.
- Practicing the basics--sometimes like to take a break from a more formal painting to really study all the subtle value and color changes in simple live still life like today's posting
- Having a blast teaching lots of spring students (thanks all!) and enjoying being an art student myself in Kevin Weckbach's six month master oil class. Intense but highly enjoyable.