Thursday, September 10, 2009

Falling Forward

I have a confession to make. As much as I love landscape painting, I'm not the world's most tolerant plein air painter. For me, plein air is the "camping" of painting, where my cozy in home studio is the Ritz. I really have to give props to those die hard plein air painters that the West is known for.

Once it a while though, despite the maddening light changes, bugs, wind, etc. as all plein air painters know--it's all worth it.

In anticipation of fall, here's a plein air painting of my beloved Washington Park. True, I did not stray more than a few blocks away, but I was outside and that always makes for a very special painting. I'm pledging here to try it again in a few weeks--though I may have lounge chair and a Starbucks mocha (with extra cinnamon) in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment