Tuesday, September 1, 2015

All These Lovely Tokens

"Appeeling Orange" 6x8 oil on canvas panel--SOLD--Thank you!
By all these lovely tokens September days are here, 
With summer's best of weather And autumn's best of cheer. 
Helen Hunt Jackson



Happy September everyone! Little late in posting today for the “30 in 30” debut because I was at jury duty this AM (pretty good excuse right?) and then treated myself on a Tuesday to a delightful taco patio lunch with friends (it’s a gorgeous day!) but I’m back in the studio now. 

I love the back to school season! This month, I’m honored to be teaching 3 classes and taking at least 2 interesting workshops. I still have room in my Tuesday afternoon Colorful & Quick (Successful Daily Painting) class. Click here for more info. I’m also taking both an abstract workshop as well an oil painting workshop with artist Tim Horn

Tim Horn Landscape Painting
I’ve always been drawn to Californian paintings. That distinct glowing light always gives a strong but comforting déjà vu. So Tim’s work caught my eye right away. I feel very lucky Tim’s offering a workshop not far from my studio at the Blackridge Artist School.

As if September wasn’t busy enough (and again I couldn’t be more grateful for this) it also marks the beginning of Leslie Saeta's "30 in 30” painting challenge as many of you know. I’m sticking with color as my theme and posting an oil painting study of oranges (the color as well as the subject.)


As part of the challenge I'm also going to try to read an art book a day (OK maybe every few days). Today's book is LoriMcNee’s new book: Fine Art Tips. It features many contemporary painting masters (such as Denver’s own renowned Dan Sprick). If you like "step by step" painting approaches as well as some helpful business tips from Lori I’ll think you’ll enjoy this as well. Thanks everyone and to my fellow "30 in 30" artists have a great month of painting!

2 comments:

  1. LOOKING good! Good LUCK!!!
    I am also doing the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Sue--As you know it's fun but a lot of hard work! Have a great challenge month--Everyone if you have time be sure to check out all the exciting 30 in 30 challenge art--hundreds of new paintings every day!

    ReplyDelete