Thursday, September 24, 2009

For Georgia

I finally had a chance last night to watch the Georgia O'Keeffe movie (on Lifetime) I had Tivo-ed over the weekend. While I would have liked to have seen more of Miss O'Keeffe painting--I found it very inspirational and moving. How often do you get to see a movie about a female painter?

My favorite scene is where, after an arduous trip from NYC, she wakes up in magical sunlit Taos. You just know she's not leaving after that.

While wandering the mesmerizing landscape she holds a skull up to the sky. In honor of that, I thought I'd post one of my skull paintings--this one in watercolor. I love to paint skulls, and like Georgia says in the movie, unlike real cows they don't smell.

2 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful painting. Your comments make me wish I had seen the movie. Dang :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You very much for your compliment--I hope you get to see the movie some day!

    ReplyDelete