Friday, October 16, 2009

Figure Friday

This is "Waiting on the Red Sofa" one of my favorite oil figure paintings (it hangs in my studio). I painted this from the live model in one sitting. I love what she was wearing--especially the dark shawl--and her expression. Figure painting is sometimes like trying to hit a moving target, at least for me, but there's something very exciting about capturing someone right in front of you.

Here, I tried to concentrate on keeping the models surrounding very abstract and impressionistic, but with bold, pure color notes. For more figure painting inspiration, check out the Daily Painters Figure Art there are some amazing and varied figure artists posting there. Also be sure to check out this month's American Art Collector Magazine for some amazing figure paintings.

For more information about my art or oil painting classes, please send me a note at ScarletOwl@hotmail.com--I look forward to hearing from you. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment