Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Jazz Cat

As many of you know, artists sometimes struggle with buying art at times. How many times has a friend or family member (well meaning) said: Why don't you just paint that yourself? And on one hand they may have a point, but I feel strongly about owning a variety art and getting inspiration from other artists. This is one of my favorite paintings and to date, the only commission I've ever had done.

This wonderful cat portrait of our beloved tabby Jasmine (aka Jazzy) was created by Colorado artist and illustrator Matt McFarren several years ago. Obviously, I wanted something a bit different than the "classic" pet portrait to fit her small cat/big personality.

I know a commission painting of any kind can be a luxury purchase, but I highly recommend it if you ever have the chance. You'll really enjoy owning a one of kind, personal piece. Here's a link to some fantastic pet painters on Daily Painters.

For more information about my oil painting classes, please write to me at ScarletOwl@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment