Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sante Fe Souvenirs

Colorful Casita-8x8 oil on linen panel-SOLD
First I'd like to welcome any visitors from the Summer Art Market website--I look forward to seeing you at the Market!

Coyote Cafe in Santa Fe
Like so many artists before me, New Mexico is one of my favorite places to visit. As an artist, you can't help but feel both welcomed and inspired by all the art, color, and creativity. I'm not much for long car rides but if I wanted to I could leave my front door around 11 AM, drive due south and be in beautiful Santa Fe just in time to have some veggie tacos and mango margs at the Coyote Cafe rooftop cantina at sunset.
Mm-chocolate pastries at the Maven
 In the morning before I head down Canyon Road to stroll through all the galleries I'd probably stop by the Chocolate Maven Bakery for some chilaquiles (my favorite breakfast of all) and some spicy Mexican hot chocolate. Sounds pretty good doesn't it?  As I recall, this little adobe home was either along Canyon Road or just off.  I'm hoping to visit Santa Fe again this fall again and I'm already looking forward to it.

Quick note about my recent posted smaller daily oil painting like today's posting. Typically, I'd be selling these on the Daily Paintworks site but I like to take as many paintings as I can to the Summer Art Market in a few weeks. But after June 10 I'll be uploading my paintings again on the DPW site for bidding. In the meantime, I wish everyone a colorful and creative May!

No comments:

Post a Comment