Monday, July 16, 2012

The Sunflower is Mine

"Sunny Side Up" 8x8 oil on Linen Panel--SOLD--Thank you!

The sunflower is mine, in a way.
Vincent van Gogh

Bon Lundi! Over the weekend I celebrated July 14 Bastille Day with a tasty "dejeuner" at one of my favorite French bistros in Denver--Le Central. Enjoyed a delicious sampling of chilled roses, a bistro salad, a crusty baguette and broccoli soup--yum. (FYI--Thursday is chocolate souffle night if you're in town!)

When I need a "French Fix" I head to Le Central
I'm not sure I believe in past lives per se, but I would not be surprised if I was ever told in lived in France once upon a time..

Le Chateau Frontenac in Quebec
It seems a bit odd to me now as a proud "Western" artist who loves open ranges, Georgia O'Keeffe, Maynard Dixon and spicy chile rellenos, but briefly Francais was my college major. My "big plan" was to move to Quebec where I could live a chic bilingual lifestyle. Le Chateau Frontenac in beautiful old Quebec with it's magical verdigris turrets is one of my favorite places to stay in the world.

Of course, that didn't happen and much like Georgia I headed West to find my artistic bearings but as an adult I've been lucky to paint in France a couple of times.  When I get a longing to visit France (as I often do in the summer) I sometimes and treat myself to an almond croissant, sunflowers (aptly named "tournesols" or "turn to the sun" in French), a fancy French lotion from L'Occitane, and an iced cafe au lait.

Quick "merci beaucoup" to my collectors at Daily Paintworks--I appreciate your bids and support! Thanks too to Carol and David for creating such a supportive art community and the best place to  buy high quality affordable art online.

No comments:

Post a Comment