Friday, January 6, 2017

Fresh Year, Fresh Paint!

"Sagey Sorrel" 8x10 1oil on canvas 
Available at Framed Image Gallery in Denver.

A very Happy New Year everyone!  While I don't love the cold, I do relish the fresh start and clean slate we get every January. Before jumping into 2017 though I wanted to take just a quick minute to review what I realized in retrospect was a really exceptional art year...

My thanks to everyone for your support--especially all my students and fellow artists! Let's take a quick look back at some highlights as they say. 
  • Won an award at the Colorado Horse Expo which I plan to enter again this year. 
  • Attended PACE in sunny Tucson where I met hundreds of artists and saw many fantastic demos. Still thinking about San Diego PACE this year...We'll see..
  • Participated in my 15th Denver Summer Art Market--Always my fav art event of the year.
  • Enjoyed a really informative Derek Penix painting workshop
  • Met the painting legend Richard Schmid who also signed his books for me. Mr. Schmid was fortuitously here in Denver for a lovely retrospective show of his work at Gallery 1261. 
  • Met 100+ local artists teaching workshops and classes 
  • Refreshed my Scarlet Owl Studio website (where you can find info about my classes/ workshops)
Not bad for one year right? As I look forward now though I know I need to continue to balance all this exciting art activity with easel time. Got to put in the work for the reward as I tell my students.
Of course it's highly enjoyable "work" when it's a subject you love like my horse painting I did for my gallery's western/cowboy themed show this month. 

Until my next post, best wishes for a successful and rewarding year of creativity and color!

No comments:

Post a Comment