Sunday, December 13, 2009

Crash of Colors

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! It's been a cold, busy week here in Colorado and I've really been missing my studio time. Teaching and thinking about landscapes this week, I'm posting one of my favorite watercolor landscape paintings.

Normally, I prefer to paint landscapes in oil or acrylics since I'm particularly drawn to vibrant colors in nature. I took this photo near beautiful Grand Lake, Colorado and thought the interplay of textures and colors would be a challenge (for me) in watercolor. I was also inspired by a workshop with award-winning Colorado watercolorist Frank Francese. His audacious, colorful "no fear" watercolors are some of my favorites.

Fellow artists and painters, be sure to make time for yourselves to paint this holiday season! I know it's hard to get into the studio this time of year, but I truly believe it's one of the best gifts we can give ourselves as creative folk, plus it's a fantastic de-stresser!

Happy holidays from the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment