Friday, April 1, 2011

Shell Game & Summer Market

Shell Game-6x6 oil on panel
Happy April 1 everyone! I'm happy to report that it's a sunny and warm day here in Colorado. I decided to paint this 6 x6 oil study of small shells yesterday for two reasons. One is that I wanted to paint a high key subject using my new tube of Williamsburg Handmade Paint Titanium White (which after one painting I'm giving a big white thumbs up!) and the other is I wanted a very summery subject. 


I also have a few quick announcements. First, for those of you in the Denver metro area, I'm thrilled to announce my participation in the Summer Art Market (SAM) on June 11-12 Weekend.  So be sure to save the date. If you're looking for wonderful art at with a wide range of prices (many of them super reasonable) this is an art festival you won't want to miss. I know it's one of my favorite festivals to hunt for amazing art bargains. 

Last year, my schedule did not allow me to be in the SAM so I'm really looking forward to seeing many of my friends, collectors, and students this year. Most of the paintings I've been posting all year on my blog will be at SAM for purchase. I'll be posting more updates about the SAM as we get closer.

Also, I'm putting up for bid my "Colorful Kimono" watercolor that I painted last fall on the Daily Paintworks Help Japan Challenge. I'm donating all proceeds for the sale of this painting to the Japanese Red Cross. Anyone can bid and any artist can submit paintings to the Help Japan Challenge. Thanks Daily Paintworks for hosting such a cool way to help through art.

No comments:

Post a Comment