Thursday, June 9, 2011

Getting Ready for Market Day



Summer Art Market: This Weekend!
Here I am at the Art Market a few years ago before I started blogging so I thought I'd post a preview. Several hours after this was taken I actually fainted from the dehydration (lesson learned) but I look fairly fresh here. And just seeing this photo reminds me how much fun it is to be at a festival (fainting aside). My other tip: Metal chairs get hot even in the shade. I now have a comfy red fabric director's chair. 

Just 2 more days until the Denver Summer Art Market this weekend so continuing to tag, frame, inventory, etc. I just checked out the WeatherChannel app on the iPad and, I don't want to jinx it, but it's looking pretty good this year--mostly 80s. (Much better than the chilly non-stop rain last year.)

Thankfully, my booth partner has already owns tent (yay) so I don't have to worry about that. One time at a festival I arrived to set up and my rented tent was no where in sight. Many phone calls later a booth arrived--around 11P. As you can guess, hanging art (and this is when I used to use a lot of glass) on an old step ladder with a flash light on a bumpy urban side street is not an ideal circumstance.

Finally, I'm posting a Denver Summer Art Market Coupon (Booth 80) for all my BlogReaders, students, etc. for 10% off any framed artwork. (Just print this out and redeem in my booth. Note this is just for my Scarlet Owl Studio not for any other artist at the show.) You'll find Booth 80 on the corner of 2nd and Sherman Street. I look forward to seeing you at the Market! As a bonus, for any new students, I'll also apply this coupon to your first lesson (offer expires 7/1/2011).

No comments:

Post a Comment