Sunday, February 3, 2013

For all the Weekend Painting Warriors

"That's So Raven" 8x8 oil on gallery wrap canvas

In January artist Leslie Saeta (who many of you may as the host of the Artitst Helping Artists) kindly featured a 30 paintings/30 day challenge on her blog.  Artists were also encouraged to have a “theme” for their postings which added even more interest to the challenge.

I know the dedication and commitment this consistency at the easel takes so I want to offer a big kudos and congrats to artists who participated. In fact one of my favorite painters in the challenge, Lisa Daria, has painted every day for over 1,000 days!

I really wanted to join the challenge but unfortunately I was traveling away from my studio in January. However, the more I read the blog the more I wished I had found a way to participate. It's really worth checking out all 30 days when you have time--there's a huge variety of painting styles and art subject matter to be inspired by (and also purchase.)

Thankfully starting this weekend Leslie has generously extended the "challenge" by allowing artists  to post paintings on her very attractive blog on weekends. I'm very happy to have this "second chance" to share what I'm working on and in turn discover new artists who are also actively painting. If you're more of a "weekend warrior" painter (and there's nothing wrong with that!) this is also a great chance to post on a regular basis.

Thanks again to Leslie for sharing your blog and helping support the online art community. Happy painting everyone from my studio to yours.

P.S. I just had to post a raven today for Super Bowl Sunday for all my raven (bird or football) fans and Baltimore friends.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aimee - I like your raven painting (but not the team ha ha)!
    'Parking Lot Pumpkin' is already stunning. I'll check back to see what you do to it if it's a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Julie! I understand--my apologies to all my CA friends! :) Every one be sure to check out Julie's garden beautiful paintings. And yes Julie--AHA is the best. I look forward to every Thursday!

    ReplyDelete