Friday, January 1, 2010

Year of the Artist

Happy New Year from the studio everyone. First, thanks again to all you who helped make 2009 one of my best art years ever, I know 2010 will be even better. So many ideas, so little time...

I'm just about finished watching my fantastic new Quang Ho Nuts & Bolts DVD and getting much inspiration and ideas from him. I already can't wait to order one of the demo DVDs. In the meatime, his review of the visual basics (shape, value, edges, line, color, texture) inspireed me to rush into the studio and get started a local tone abstracted equine painting yesterday which I hope to post in a day or two. I even added some Burnt Sienna to my typically primary color palette and was reminded just how versatile and rich this color is...

In weeks to come I'll be posting some of my 2010 Art BHAGs (aka Big Hairy Audacious Goals for all you Jim Collins fans) and hope you'll be working on yours as well.

Like many artists, I listen to a variety music while working. Often our local public radio Jazz/Latin station KUVO, but favorite CDs as well. Yesterday I listened to my new Eric Hutchinson CD which I've seen on several other artist blogs as a studio favorite and I have to agree it's upbeat, funky, and has some great painting energy.

Here's to a great year of art, learning, color, and creativity! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment