Friday, January 8, 2010

Mixed Media Friday



Happy first friday of the year everyone! And welcome to all my new 2010 visitors! One of my New Year Art Resolutions is to paint with at least 2 media each week.  This week I started in oils and think I will work in watercolors today.

Next week, though, I'd really like to work on a mixed media piece since I haven't done one in a few months. As much as I love representational painting, these paintings are great for creative blocks, color exploration, and personal artistic growth.

For inspiration, I'm posting on of my personal favorite mixed media paintings called Justice for All.  It's liquid acrylics (Golden) on gessoed Masonite with stamping, gold leaf, pouring, calligraphy, and a few other techniques. And I'm happy to report this SOLD at one of my shows and I hope she is living a happy life somewhere.

I'll also be working on my art donation for Colorado AIGA's annual Heart Art Auction event on February 11--be sure to check it out if you are in the area.  I'll post more details as I know them. Each year the event features some interesting, affordable, and beautiful "heart themed" art and benefits Project Angel Heart. 
 



For more information about my Mixed Media art classes & workshops, please email me at the studio email in my blog header.

No comments:

Post a Comment